thalla

Insanely high temprature spikes on 3800x

Discussion created by thalla on Jan 26, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2020 by misterj

These spikes seem to happen at random, at first I thought it happened whenever I locked my pc because i'm never there to witness them or that was just a bad read that happened from time to time.

Sure enough, today I was just browsing around on the internet watching youtube videos and my pc froze for a second and there it was, I saw it happen with my own eyes.

The thing that confuses me the most is that the Tdie tempratures seem to remain normal, but the average goes up to an insanely high number, I'm not very well educated in stuff like this so maybe there's something going on I'm not seeing.

My cpu cooler is a Noctua nh-u9b-se2

The only long timeframe synthetic benchmark I've run is the stress test in cpuz and there the temprature seemed to cap at 79c after about 30ish minutes, so I'm not sure if it's a problem with my cooler or not

I'm running everything stock no overclocks whatsoever or well, I turned xmp on if that counts as overclocking.

Will I fry my chip if I don't do anything about this?

Also this is my first time making a post like this, so if the information I have provided is insufficient, please let me know and I'll do my best to provide all I can.

Attachments

Outcomes