javier.

Help with my new mini ITX PC

Discussion created by javier. on Jan 25, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2020 by ajlueke

Good morning my name is Javi and I need help with my new mini ITX PC. Let's start:

1.- A few days ago I bought an Amazon for my birthday:

+++ Ryzen 5 3400G

+++ 2 of HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3A / 8 - RAM (DDR4 8GB, 3200MHz CL16 DIMM XMP RGB)

+++ Gigabyte Technology B450 I AORUS Pro WiFi - Motherboard (DDR4-SDRAM, DIMM, 2133,2400,2667,2933 MHz, Dual, 32 GB, AMD)

+++ IN Win Chopin Mini-ITX Gehäuse, 150 Watts Netzteil - Silber

+++ Noctua NH-L9a-AM4, Silent Heatsink for CPUs and APUs of AMD Ryzen Platform, Brown

2.- The assembly has been carried out with gloves and anti-static wristband with the care that a computer installation deserves. After finishing the assembly, the following problems arise:

a) Initially, the system works correctly, Windows 10 installs well, and the games run correctly. Good temperature, good performance.

b) After a few hours with the box unplugged from the wall (about 4 hours), when plugging in again the problems begin:

****b.1) Pressing the power button the fans and the ram rgb work correctly a simple view (ATTACHED FILE 1) (that is, they have power), but I have no HDMI image, neither do the USB ports, nor the buttons of restart, neither the hard disk activity indication LEDs nor the power LEDs.

****b.2) The only way for everything to work again is to perform a CLEAR_CMOS in the bios pinos. And Windows 10 starts again without problems.

****b.3) If during the operation of the system the friction occurs, or the minimum minimum movement in the pines of the F_Panel of the motherboard (ATTACHED FILE 2), the system is blocked again and a few pixels of colors appear on the screen ( ATTACHED FILE 3 and 4), only the problem is solved again by unplugging it from the wall and reset again to CLEAR_CMOS on the BIOS pins. Then Windows starts again.

3.- After these problems, Amazon was contacted and they have determined that it is probably a motherboard problem. A plate RMA has been performed.

4.- Having said all of the above, I ask the following questions:

4.1 The indicated Fault Could it be a cause of a problem in Ryzen 5 3400G? What opinion do you have of the Judgment? I would greatly appreciate your opinion.

4.2 Do you recommend a reliable mini itx board that is robust and compatible with ryzen 3000 from the moment you take it out of the box?

Thanks for helping. Sorry for my bad English, I'm using the google translator.

Outcomes