Gigabyte x570 Ultra Motherboard

MSI Vega 56 Air Boost

(4x16GB) G-Skill F4-3200C16-16GTZRX 

WD SN750 NVMe 1TB

Intel 660p NVMe 1TB

Main Display - Samsung C49RG9x

Secondary - Samsung Q55Q65FN

Radeon Software - 20.1.3

Have still been having the problem and I think another issue is tied into it since it didn't happen until a couple of updates ago. While I'm in a game and I alt-tab sometimes the game crash, causes a black-screen and then when Windows desktop comes back it continuously freezes every few seconds. 

Diving into what could be causing it I noticed that my GPU Video Encode will go from 0% utilization to 100% when the freezes occur. Additionally I have been fixing it by restarting my computer and when I have a fresh boot my video encode starts at ~80% utilization.

(Attached two pictures showing the freezing after a game crash, and then another screenshot when I reboot the system)

Lastly since 20.1.1 I have been experiencing an inability to stream from AMD as it currently stands from Radeon Software. Would give me the 

The video download was cancelled. please try again. (error #1000) on Twitch.

1 Reply

Update on issue -

I have found what my certain issue was with the high utilization %. It was due to the "save replay" function in the media functions of the Radeon software video capture. Turning it off has resulted it in returning back down to 0%. Will update if I get any more crashes and stuttering like I was previously.

The other issue as well as has been fixed for the #1000 error. I'm assuming it was the 20.1.3 driver download and install that fixed it. I am able to stream again.