cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

amdfanboii
Adept I

your CPU is not running on full speed: CPU throttling detected". How to turn off??

Hey all.

Im getting a warning onscreen from a software im using: "your CPU is not running on full speed: CPU throttling detected".

I tried the usual of going into power settings in Win 10 64bit and changed to use max power, and set it to use the cpu at 100% all the time.

In the bioses, all ive done is just activated the "xmp" profiles for the RAM.

Anything else i could try?

I went thru the bioses, but couldnt find any obvious settings i turn off / disable: stuff like "enables power saving / lower cpu to save power when not using cpu much, etc.

My two pc's are as follow (they both show the same cpu throttling message):

Pc nr 1:

Motherboard:
Asus Prime TRX40-Pro

Cpu:
AMD Ryzen Treadripper 3960x, 24 core

-------------------------------------------

Pc nr 2:

Motherboard:
ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus

Cpu:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Prosessor

Hope someone can help me please 

0 Likes
1 Solution
amdfanboii
Adept I

SOLVED:

Turns out it was a bug in the Isboxer software. 

Its telling the cpu isnt running full speed, but it is.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

Is it possible for you to mention what "Software" is indicating that both processors are throttling? 

That would be a big help since it may be a problem with the software you are using that is showing the processors as throttling.

Sure, its the multiboxing software named "isboxer". When you play multiple instances of the same game, its best to have all cpu cores run at a fixed frequency, and not letting them go down ("power saving mode"), as that lowers performance.

(this is their guide on it, but it hasnt helped me so far).

HOWTO:Disable CPU Throttling in Windows - ISBoxer 

0 Likes

I would suggest you use Rzyen Master to keep track of your Processor's Core performance and possibly configure it. Plus I would not configure the Cores to run at a fixed frequency. This prevents the processor from running at its most efficient manner. My opinion on this.

First I am not familiar with ISBoxer. But it seems like ISBoxer is a fairly old software. It might be giving you  incorrect information on newer processors like Ryzen.  Ryzen may not be throttling at all and probably is working within it normal parameters. 

Someone else will need to assist you on this that is very familiar with Ryzen Processors especially 3rd generation processors.

In UEFI there are settings that will safely automatically overclock the Ryzen called PBO and XFR1 or 2. This will allow it to run at a higher frequency but you will need to make sure your CPU Cooler will be able maintain the processor from running to hot.

0 Likes
amdfanboii
Adept I

SOLVED:

Turns out it was a bug in the Isboxer software. 

Its telling the cpu isnt running full speed, but it is.

0 Likes