cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

got2avkayanow
Journeyman III

Just because I bought your gpu does not give you the right to install crap on my pc

You need to make a basic driver available for those who do not want your crap. I do not need you to organise my games, I do not need your help with streaming, I do not need to be advertised at. I do need you to make the gpu I paid you for to work. When will you understand. ^You are affecting the performance of my pc in a very negative way. I did not give you money to allow you to put unwanted crap on my pc.

6 Replies

Install them from Windows Update.

0 Likes

I have to agree with the sentiment. They always used to have a driver only option. Why this is not the case anymore I don't know. While using the Windows version of the driver may be good for some, it does not help the people needing zero day game release drivers and bug fixes as soon as available. Most windows drivers are often months behind the drivers available on manufacturer sites, even years in some cases. 

0 Likes

Which is crazy in a way, since they should always have the latest WHQL Certified drivers on Windows Update given they have been, well, certified, but that's another example of Microsoft being Microsoft. What's even worse is that you can't use one GUI with a newer driver, so you can't use 20.1.3's driver with Adrenaline 2019's UI.

0 Likes

Then the next caveat is that Windows wants to install the Universal driver too instead of the standard. So far from team red and green the Universal drivers seem to be a pain with issues galore. Plus you can't easily use one if you have used the other with out a clean slate. 

0 Likes
kastriot
Adept I

Sell the card and go buy Nvidia gpu, i am sure they don't have any "crap".

0 Likes

kastriot wrote:

Sell the card and go buy Nvidia gpu, i am sure they don't have any "crap".

nVidia has their own crap to cope with

0 Likes