cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ashok
Journeyman III

I am having an issue where my AMD R5 1600 where it is stable for 1 Hr max at stock settings while under full load using lower than XMP memory speeds.

Hi! I am having an issue where my AMD R5 1600 on a MSI B450M motar motherboard is stable for 1 Hr max at stock settings while under full load using lower than XMP memory speeds 2133Mhz to be exact. The max temperature is about 50C as reported by Ryzen master and CPUID's Hardware Monitor. So it is definitely not thermally limited. While using XMP setings at 3200Mhz the system isn't even stable for over 15 minutes under full load. I tested the memory with Memtest 86 both in 2133 and 3200 speeds and it showed no errors. Please let me know what to do to solve this issue as I have bought the CPU, Motherboard and RAM recently so they are still under warranty.

0 Likes
2 Replies
utkualcin
Journeyman III

I am having the same problem with the same system, Ryzen 5 1600 12 NM gigabyte b450m sh2 and corsair 2x8gb 3200 mhz. XMP on 3200 mhz i got crashed in 5-10 min. XMP off 2133mhz everything works perfect

0 Likes
ashok
Journeyman III

I think the problem might be because of an issue in the memory controller of the CPU, looking at the fact that the RAM and Motherboard are different in both the cases. Or I might be wrong and its a RAM or something totally different issue altogether. I hope someone could shed some light on this issue.

0 Likes