AMD Ryzen 2700x

Gigabyte x570 Ultra Motherboard

MSI Vega 56 Air Boost

(4x16GB) G-Skill F4-3200C16-16GTZRX 

WD SN750 NVMe 1TB

Intel 660p NVMe 1TB

Main Display - Samsung C49RG9x

Secondary - Samsung Q55Q65FN

Radeon Software - 20.1.2 (has happened for the past few months so has been through various updates)

Whenever I have my secondary set connected via HDMI and my primary is by DP 1.4 it will at times causes my primary screen to have continuous black screen flickering I have it turned off, unless I do one of three things.

1) Turn my TV back on

2) Unplug my HDMI connected to the second display

3) Display my second display through Windows

I have tried troubleshooting over the months to see if I could narrow it down since at first I believe it to be related to Freesync turned on my TV, but alas that was not the root cause.

I've searched around for a similar experience as mine but I don't find anything relevant. Any suggestions?

Additionally on another note:

My main display C49RG9x is supposed to be able to support 5120x1440 resolution at 120hz with HDR in place (have to drop to 100hz with HDR 10-bit due to bandwidth constraint of DP 1.4). Though when I try to do 8-bit dithering 120hz and HDR enabled the screen will go crazy and flicker all over the place where I will not be able to do it unless I drop to 100hz. As far as I can tell I should be able to accomplish this with DP 1.4 and I cannot find anything in Samsung documentation that says otherwise. Is this also a driver related issue?

0 Likes
1 Reply

Any possible remedies to this that anyone might know of? Drives me crazy that I can't have both displays connected at the same time with my secondary being powered off where then my primary will flicker like crazy and become unusable.

0 Likes