cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rx590user2020
Newcomer

RX590 Performance issues since new driver 20.1.1

Since I installed the new drivers I'm constantly having problems. I tried everything I could, from reinstalling the drivers, reinstalling Windows, disabelling HDCP, Ram Cleaner (Empty), Undervolting, Locking frames in game, changing cables, playing on low settings, but nothing works. Forgot to mention, I also tried to install old drivers, it didn't fix it. I don't know what to do anymore. When I got the GPU everything worked fine, I could play everything on Ultra without any issues and lag. A good friend of me as the same card, but he as a Intel CPU. But on his pc all games run fine. Far Cry 5 is good example. I got High FPS, but not smooth gameplay. But my friend doesn't have that issue.

The problems are:

I have High FPS, but the game doesn't feel smooth at all (IN ALMOST ALL GAMES) and before I had no issues at all.

Micro stuttering is also a thing.

My Temps are fine too. So don't ask me that.

So I'm starting to get annoyed and thinking of just changing GPU soon.

My Specs:

Card name: Radeon RX 590
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (144Hz)

Monitor Model: KG241Q P

CPU name: Ryzen 5 3600

Ram: 16GB Ram RipJaws 3200Mhz (XMP Profile to 3200MHz) I also tried without, doesn't change anything.

Sorry, my grammar isn't the best.

0 Likes
1 Reply
eljeso_p8
Journeyman III

Hello! I have a similar problem. after updating to adrenalin 20.x.x, the performance of my Rx 590 8gb Gigabyte plummeted. Shadows of War ran between 70 and 90 fps all in ultra / high, after updating it does not exceed 40 fps. I did micro processor, ram, temperature, voltage and gpu tests. Everything is in normal parameters. Then try The witcher 2, and the performance is the same as with Shadows of war. Format the pc to install everything from 0 and even then. Now I am trying to rule out that it is a hardware failure because I recently acquired it and I do not want to have to change the gpu again. Thanks for your time! Best regards!

0 Likes