cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

freetek
Journeyman III

Ancient HP 2000 laptop doesn't want any graphics updates- how to stop them?

My HP 2000 laptop w/AMD E300 doesn't need updates, how can I stop the annoying install messages?

0 Likes
5 Replies

I have no idea what version of drivers you have or where the option would be in them but usually there is a check box where you can disable it looking for updates. I would google whatever driver you have and disable updates. You hopefully will get a link to a post showing you exactly where it is. Good Luck!

0 Likes
freetek
Journeyman III

Thanks pokester, if you are referring to the install popup, the check box is ignored.

I've checked it repeatedly for years and it obviously has no effect.

I think the best course is to simply close my AMD account since I won't likely use any of their hardware once this old (but still working) turkey dies.

Bye all...

0 Likes

There are unfortunately bugs in some of the drivers that prompt for a driver update when such updates are incompatible

you probably can get around the problem with one of the old beta drivers

0 Likes
freetek
Journeyman III

Thanks hcg, but just closing the account should get rid of the annoyance which I will do after posting this.

Freetek- 

0 Likes

Upon thinking about it, I think they had a bug before where yes you uncheck the box and it still displays the updates but if you also would check a box that read something like participating in feedback with AMD that when unchecking both it would fix it. You might look through and uncheck any box that looks to share data.

0 Likes