Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

treeefiddy
Journeyman III

Rx580 HDMI scaling stuttering

Installed a new XFX RX580 8gb

Have had trouble with drivers since I got it

Figured out all driver issues with help of another monitor

Everything works perfect when no HDMI scaling is enabled. 

Unfortunately my screen overscans hard so I need the scaling to see the entire screen as it’s stretched. 

Once scaling is enabled I get insane stutters and lag on every application including YouTube, games, and everything other than Hulu, and Netflix. I assume this is because of issues with HDCP which many users end up disabling on this card. 

Regardless with HDCP enabled and all monitor(it’s a Sony tv)  settings underscanned as much as possible I still need the HDMI scaling. 

I’ve seen others with this issue, hoping someone has found a solution.

To sum up: When HDMI Scaling is used, stuttering is present. When HDMI scaling isn’t used, there’s no stutter but my screen doesn’t appear correct.

0 Likes
2 Replies
danielblk
Journeyman III

+1 I have the exact same problem with a rx590

0 Likes
colind
Journeyman III

Looks like the same issue here but with RX 550. Playing 24 fps video, no scaling, video is smooth on tv (1080p@ 24hz) but video and desktop is off the edge. Desktop aminations are smooth and display is also set to 24hz output.

Any scaling applied, the desktop animation becomes jerky and any video playback is unwatchable.

I3 4th gen, Win 10 64 1909 (updated), latest Ami bios, latest Adrenaline drivers and software.

I am new to the community and AMD I therefore do not know what to expect from here. What are the chances of a fix or a workaround or would the suggestion be return the card and find an alternative?

Appears connected to issue listed here

HDMI Scaling / 30FPS 

And other issues listed in this post.

0 Likes