cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kyript0nik
Journeyman III

voltage 1.075v?

Hi there, so something has weird happened today. I had a 3600 and switched to 3700x which I received today, because I had some weird temps during gaming like 72-80c with Noctua NH-U12A, yes the massive double one.

Now I have switched to 3700x and basically I am sitting under 1.075v at 4.4ghz OC and my cinebench scores (below picture) sometimes go upto nearly 2300 thats with 1.05v and it only runs at 70 degrees! wowzers. Weird enough I had a ryzen 3700x processor before 3600 and it was running at 1.3-1.4v.

Now if I pump up the voltage to 1.35 temps shoot to 109 degrees and system shuts down. 

I am left really confused by the CPU I received. and I wonder if I should be worried?  maybe I should do something?

Practically the CPU runs fine and has is running perfectly fine at an idle 38c. Gaming around 55-60c,cpu.png

EDIT: Now my PC has started crashing on these settings and then it reboots and has this black windows loading screen that just goes on forever with the "cycle of boot". Now CPU run hot in games like 70-75c and benchmarking 90.

0 Likes
1 Reply

I suggest using the stock clocks for cooler running temperatures and longer service life

I have had to do a lot of things more for stability than overclocking

0 Likes