AnsweredAssumed Answered

Windows 10 update broken

Question asked by cptluckystar on Jan 12, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2020 by widdmann

About a year ago give or take I had a forced Windows 10 home update, it was a failed update I tried to revert back to previous version of Windows 10 and it said it couldn't do that,to avoid having to do a clean install, which is the only way I'm going to do that is just designate the current drive as storage drive and install a new drive with new Windows 10 All I want to do is a repair upgrade as they call it, but I can't and I'm not the only one who has had this problem.  I've lived with a crippled Windows system since than, when I  try to  run as admin on shortcuts it doesn't work and when I right click on the start up menu disk management nothing happens, and that's just the ones I can remember but there are other issues I've run sfc /scannow, DISM, tried the update tool, says it's up to date, media creation tool, ends with failed installation and clean boot from Win 10 install CD, which I could do a clean install but not upgrade due to the system installed being "newer" I've deleted and renamed the distro folders, didn't make any difference.  I've tried pretty much everything recommended all over the net, it was recommended to fix or rebuild the MBR, neither boorect or bootsect both in the Sys32 directry respond. , so unless someone can tell me what could be causing this and a fix I guess that's that and I will just have to install a new drive with a new system. Thanks for any help or suggestions, and please don't talk me into reinstalling clean I just can't do that right now.

Outcomes