I've just built a PC with this spec:
- Team Vulcan T-Force 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4
- Kingston A400 120GB M.2-2280 SATA III SSD
- PowerColor Radeon RX580 8GB
- Intel Core i3 9100F 3.6GHz 4 Core CPU
- Gigabyte B365M DS3H Intel Socket 1151 Motherboard
- BE QUIET! BK008 Pure Rock Slim Heatsink & Fan
- 600W Thermaltake Smart RGB, Full Wired, 80PLUS, SLI/Crossfire, Single Rail, 42A, 120mm Fan, ATX, PSU
All installed fine and now trying to get the right drivers for the graphics card. I keep getting blue screen with 'Stop code: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE' and 'What Failed: ATIKMPAG.SYS'.
After I installed Windows it reported drivers were Microsoft Basic Display Driver so I downloaded the AMD auto-detect and install package from here. That worked for a bit and I then tried to use 3DMark to run a test. It then started giving me the blue screen with the above messages. Following advice here I've tried installing older versions of the same drivers from AMD and the problem persists. I also tried using DDU to completely remove all other AMD drivers before installing various versions of the AMD RX580 drivers. This has failed on all accounts so I've just tried a clean install and am about to go around again with this process.
Any advice really appreciated at this point?