Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

doks12
Journeyman III

Recently upgraded CPU and motherboard, now games are crashing

Hi all, 

I recently changed my CPU and motherboard, I upgraded from an i5 7500 paired with a Gigabyte H270M-D3H to a Ryzen 3600X paired with an MSI B450M Mortar Titanium. I also switched out my case from a Cooler Master Master Box Lite 5 to a Be Quiet! Pure Base 500, although I doubt that is what's causing the issue. All of my games were running fine prior to the upgrade but afterwards all of them have been crashing, the way each game crashes is slightly different to the other however I believe that they are all caused by a common issue.

For GTA V the majority of the time I receive the error code: ERR_GFX_D3D_INIT, in rare cases the game just closes without an error message.

For CS:GO and Rainbow Six: Siege the game just freezes, I can still hear audio and in the rare cases I make it into a match, I can still shoot and move around. In the end I'm forced to Alt + F4 or force quit the game via Task Manager.

For Unturned I've tried launching the game on both of my drives but the game still crashes on both of them. 

On 3-4 occassions I have also Bluescreened with the error message: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR, the PC also randomly shuts down/restarts without warning occasionally. I've run MemTest86, FurMark and Prime95 to test my RAM, GPU and CPU respectively and all of them are running as they should be with 0 errors. Device Manager also says that all of my components are running fine. I've ensured that my RAM is compatible with my motherboard as well. I've done a factory reset, a clean install of Windows 10 and have taken apart my PC and put it back together in case I made a mistake building it the first time. I'm not sure what else to do, any suggestions/support would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

My PC Specs:

AMD Ryzen 3600X w/stock cooler

MSI B450M Mortar Titanium AM4 Motherboard

MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400Mhz RAM

Intel 540s 240GB SATA III SSD

SeaGate Barracuda 2TB Hard Drive

EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W 80+ Gold Modular Power Supply

Asus PCE-AC55BT Wireless AC1200 Dual Band PCI-E Adapter with Bluetooth

Be Quiet! Pure Base 500

0 Likes
4 Replies

Hi Doks

Did you do a fresh installation of Windows after your upgrade as this is a necessity?

Andy

0 Likes

Yes I have done one.

0 Likes

did you check for a BIOS update, that is often overlooked

0 Likes
rexdiesel
Adept I

check your ram

0 Likes