cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rx5700_
Adept I

No monitor signal after sleep and random monitor signal lost on Rx5700

So i keep getting this 2 weird issues randomly.

My monitor goes to sleep and then i press a key on the keyboard or move the mouse but pc doesnt wake up and monitor has no signal

The other issue is random monitor signal losses.

This started when i bought the rx 5700 and i know this are two old common issues on the rx 5700 and i was wondering if there is any solution? Thanks

Specs: MSI rx 5700 mech and i7 6700k.

9 Replies
decimad
Journeyman III

Hey, which monitor are you using? I'm having exactly the same troubles with a LG 38UC99

0 Likes

I have the same problem, every day every time i use my computer, i can't use my computer any more.. no with drivers installed..

AMD Ryzen 7 3800 AM4/3.9 Ghz/36 MB
Motherboard- ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming
RAM- G.Skill TridentZ Neo 32GB
Windows 10 on Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB..

Monitor Samsung S24D590L (testing with LG IPS monitor, the same sh**t)

0 Likes
rx5700_
Adept I

just to be clear this has nothing to do with my or any monitor. I used 2 monitors, and tried my laptop with my main monitor. Tried the intel igpu and it doesn't happen. It started to happen the precise moment i put the card on my PC.

This is a rx5700 issue.

0 Likes

Yup, those problems started for me when I replaced the rx480 with a 5700...

0 Likes

i wanted to be clear so that people don't have to be loosing time troubleshooting this as i did.

I was looking for a solution not the cause of the problem, that is clear to me

0 Likes
bjornodinson
Journeyman III

I got the same issue. Using Acer Nitro VG240Y (pbiip) I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue for two weeks now, without any luck. Hoping to find a solution soon. 

0 Likes
akigis
Adept I

Same problem.
Problem when nothing is started from games or programs and the computer is idle for 5-10 minutes, then in most cases a black screen appears. Sometimes it helps to move the mouse, but most often you have to restart the computer or reconnect the HDMI cable.
In rare cases, instead of a black screen, ripples appear, similar to old TVs without a signal.
Monitor - LG 24MK430H-B
Sorry for my English, using google translate

0 Likes
rx5700_
Adept I

it just happened. the win report:

the error report from w10 x64

Description
Faulting application name: RadeonSoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5df7cf62
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.418, time stamp: 0x99ca0526
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f9269
Faulting process id: 0x3598
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5ca017fd5ed1c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\RadeonSoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 4becebd2-cd6d-4d30-b3e2-0aaa8746b7ce
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

0 Likes
mostlyrip
Journeyman III

I had the same problem until yesterday, but with a RX Vega 64. Maybe this helps some of you:

What I did was the following, but I think the mainboard was the most important one:

• Install newest graphics card bios from the manufacturers page
  • Install newest mainboard bios (Mine was from 2017)
    • Might or might not be relevant, but I had an option for > 4G vram support, that I enabled.
  • Install chipset driver for ryzen from amd downloads page

After that the graphics card performance also increased by a lot, and I didn't had any crashes since.

0 Likes