cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mrphu
Adept I

FreeSync driver not able to detect my LG Ultragear 27GL650F-B

I have RX 5700 XT, latest driver (20.1.1), and a LG Ultragear 27GL650F-B. The monitor is Freesync supported, you can check on their website: https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27gl650f-b 

However, my AMD Raedon Software is not able to detect the Freesync, and I cannot turn it on on the software. I have Freesync enable on my monitor. I will attach below are screenshot so you guys can see. Thank you.

capture 0.PNG

capture 1.PNG

20200109_192252.jpg

24 Replies
mrphu
Adept I

Can anybody take a look at this issue please?

0 Likes
khun_doug
Elite

You don't mention how you have the monitor cabled to the GPU? HDMI? Display port? Have you tried changing the cable to eliminate a cable issue? Personally, I would avoid the cheap-oh cables from places like Wal-Mart. Have you tried a different input on the display?

0 Likes

Hello, i plugged in a Display port from the monitor to the graphic card. The display port is 1.4 version or higher straight from where I purchased the monitor. Any suggestion I should do?

0 Likes

Is there any possibility of trying another GPU to see if the display works properly? The thing is to isolate the issue to either the display or the GPU. Without having anything that can send a FreeSync signal to the display and have the display work properly, it is difficult if not impossible to exclude the display as the culprit.

0 Likes

FreeSync has to be enabled on the LCD OSD to be able to activate, once that is setup you are ready

0 Likes

Do you read a question before you answer it???

0 Likes

jaizm wrote:

Do you read a question before you answer it???

yes, I own an LG panel as well

0 Likes

In the original post, in the second paragraph, the poster says he has FreeSync enabled on the monitor.

0 Likes

khun_doug wrote:

In the original post, in the second paragraph, the poster says he has FreeSync enabled on the monitor.

my panel has 2 settings, i selected the advanced one and it works fine

0 Likes
swipers
Adept I

i also have this problem Untitled415.png

0 Likes

someone can fix it how to enable this freesync?

0 Likes

swipers wrote:

someone can fix it how to enable this freesync?

check your panel OSD settings

0 Likes

it already on but it cant fix it.

0 Likes

IMG-20200124-WA0001.jpg

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

reset the monitor, and enable only on the freesync monitor
0 Likes

i reset 3x times and the result is same

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

have you changed to selects the input mode to DP in the monitor?
0 Likes

its already DP 1.4

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

Screenshot (167).png

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

Screenshot (168).png

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

Screenshot (169).png

0 Likes
dinothundr
Journeyman III

Any fix yet? Mine is doing the same thing. I can't seem to enable freesync through DP, only HDMI, and still through HDMI it has issues as to where I get screen tears and crashes while gaming.

0 Likes

Great Monitor, one caveat
If you want to use the The AMD FreeSync mode, it has to be turned on in the monitor’s OSD (On Screen Display), described in the manual, (LG's OWNER’S MANUAL LED LCD MONITOR (LED Monitor*)) on page 10

0 Likes

Do You have an option in the monitor GUI to select DP version 1.2 as temporary workaround?

Check in General -> Display Port Version.

0 Likes