The issues reported in this thread which has been closed because it the problems were supposedly solved are still present in Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with the latest available drivers as of today.
GPU: Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming OC 8G
RAM: 2x DDR4 8GB @ 3GHz (from compatibility list for 2600X)
PSU: Corsair RM550x (2018)
- Artefacts (black bands randomly appearing) when an UltraWide monitor is set to 75hz. Works alright on 60hz, although sometimes black stripes still appear.
- Temporary graphics glitch (distorted screen) when launching Rocket League on Ubuntu through Steam.
Problems in Windows 10 (new driver does not fix these):
- Sudden loss of signal when watching a video on one monitor and playing a game on the other and alt-tabbing between them. Sound keeps going. Signal cannot be regained by using hot key to restart driver ( Win + CTRL + SHIFT + B). Only thing that works is a hard reset.
- Similar to the loss of signal is a sudden green screen in the same situation on the main monitor and a black screen on the second monitor. Sound keeps going, no response to any input, hard reset only option.
- Screen tearing at the top of the screen when playing lower quality videos with older codecs. Problem did not occur with my previous NVIDIA card.
I noticed that a new driver became available for Windows 10 yesterday. When will you roll out fixes for Ubuntu?