AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems in OpenGL Applications?

Question asked by schlicht on Jan 8, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 12, 2020 by hardcoregames™

I have an AMD RX 5700 XT Red Devil from PowerColor and I am experiencing issues with the latest radeon drivers 19.12.2 and 19.12.3 in OpenGL applications like Minecraft (at least I think it is due to OpenGL I am not sure but it should not be a hardware problem. It could also be because of the high frame rates idk).

If I don´t choose "overwrite application" on the Anti-Alaising option in the radeon driver (19.12.2 and .3) I get wierd white stripes all over my screen when playing minecraft (only in fullscreen mode). I heard from other people having the same issue.

In other games like Red Dead Redemtion 2 the GPU performs really good and I don´t have such issues.

Previously I had this issue all the time when playing in 1.14.3 and 1.8.9 (only versions I tested). Now in Version 1.14.3

(driver version 19.12.3) I only have it when looking in the inventory and in the main menu but only when I move my cursor around. In Minecraft 1.8.9 I still have this issue constantly doesn´t matter if I am in the main menu or walking around in a world.

I attempted to record a video to show you my issue but my recording program was not able to record the wierd white stripes.

Maybe I sould notice that I am using FreeSync but even with FreeSync off I had the wierd stripes. Also the stripes apper suddenly and are gone as fast as they appeared.

Another problem:

GTA 5 is running veary "unsmooth" (with low frame rates) when I am using a controller (Xbox One). I tried it via Bluetooth and via cable but in both cases I had lags. If I don´t use a Controller the game is running just fine with 70 - 120 FPS. I dind´t found anyone else having this issue yet.

UPDATE: I fixed the controller issue it had nothing to do with amd´s drivers. But sometimes I have micro lags in GTA 5 when V-sync is turned off. They are pretty rare but they are there.

11.01.20 UPDATE 2: still having this issue in the radeon software version 20.1.1 

I apologize in advance for spelling and grammatical errors.

Outcomes