cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sparks
Journeyman III

What is up with all these 5700XT issues? It is honestly annoying.

I buy this $400+ GPU, and am bombarded with problems.  Let me try and explain my situation as best I can.

I bought a Gigabyte RX 5700XT OC from micro center.  When I installed it, the only dirvers I had installed were the bios update for my mother board (ASUS ROG STRIX B-450F GAMING) and the VGA driver for my 5700XT.  Games were playing fine, running at the expected frame rate.  Halo Reach max settings 144fps, Titanfall 2 144fps.  However sometimes games would blackscreen, freeze, stutter, etc.  Not as common as they do now, but it was still prevelent.  I could also still here the in-game audio whilst it was blackscreening, freezing, etc.

This was until my friends told me to get the other drivers I needed.  I got the CPU driver, which is literally just CPU-Z.  I also got the other drivers for my motherboard, like utilities and chip-set.  But when I updated my GPU's drivers is when the problems escalated.  BSoD (blue screen of death) three different times, black screening and crashes more frequent as well.  Also, my Terraria capped at 31fps for no reason.  It only happened once, but I am most definitely not supposed to be getting 30 fps on Terraria.

I am actually lost.  I have no experience installing drivers, nor uninstalling them.  Where do I go from here?  I have seen multiple comments and threads of people saying they just took it back and got a 2070 super, and I am honestly considering doing that.

0 Likes
2 Replies
korabeka56
Journeyman III

same problem here.. I think it's a hardware issue since I installed and uninstall  gpu drivers multiple times  with clean up utility, reinstall windows 10 again, I really don't know where's the issue coming from, if you can replace it and save yourself the headache go ahead .. for me I can't get a refund otherwise I would've replaced it long time ago, first time AMD customer, very disappointed 

0 Likes
shyn
Journeyman III

I just bought a rtx card. That will remedy any radeon problem. Will advise any i know to do the same and never buy radeon products ever again

0 Likes