Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kotreb
Journeyman III

Screen goes black while trying to install new drivers RX5700 XT

Hello,

I'm having a problem while trying to install new drivers, or any drivers past 19.10.22. Every time I try to install new drivers my screen goes black, but I can hear that windows are still on (e.g. if someone was talking on discord, listening to youtube etc.).I did a clean install of windows and it's still now working. Worth to mention that drivers were working fine before I reinstalled windows.

My specs are:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

Sapphire RX5700 XT Pulse 8GB

Corsair 750W TX750M

ASUS Prime X570-P

DDR4 32GB (2x16) G.Skill 3200Mhz Ripjaws V

Windows 10 are up to date, all drivers are up to date (installed them yesterday), mb bios is updated also. Nothing is OC-ed, everything is factory settings. I used DDU cleaner several times, but unfortunately the problem persists.

Maybe i'ts worth to mention that windows don't recognise my GPU in device manager with this drivers installed, but when I tried to install newer ones (had to go to safe mode to delete them) it did show even only after completing 30-40% of the installation. 

Please let me know if I can provide you with more details.

Best regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
kotreb
Journeyman III

So I managed to solve the problem. The solution for me was to switch to other bio on gpu, install drivers and that was it. After that I switched to "faster" bios (a.k.a. regular bios) and everything is running smoothly. 

Full disclosure, I also put new hdmi cable, although I doubt it has anything to do with it since the one I was using was new (1 month old), but it maybe helped.

Good luck to anyone having the same problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kotreb
Journeyman III

So I managed to solve the problem. The solution for me was to switch to other bio on gpu, install drivers and that was it. After that I switched to "faster" bios (a.k.a. regular bios) and everything is running smoothly. 

Full disclosure, I also put new hdmi cable, although I doubt it has anything to do with it since the one I was using was new (1 month old), but it maybe helped.

Good luck to anyone having the same problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

After you DDU the drivers, try and install Autoruns and check the list for any redundant AMD DLL files, just delete them.

I had a similar issue and this fixed the problem, it was left over DLL files.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes