cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radeon ProRender Discussion

sargentpilcher
Journeyman III

I am having a hard time installing ProRender on OSX Mojave for Blender

I open the install and everything goes fine, but then after the install it wants me to point it to where Blender is installed, which is the applications folder, but it's greyed out and I can't select it. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
bsavery
Staff

You actually want to just hit "OK" or "Choose" right there!  

This is a bit confusing to users.  I'll try to modify the installer to make it more clear.  But you actually want to select the location of where Blender.app is.... in this case /Applications.  Not select Blender.app itself.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
bsavery
Staff

You actually want to just hit "OK" or "Choose" right there!  

This is a bit confusing to users.  I'll try to modify the installer to make it more clear.  But you actually want to select the location of where Blender.app is.... in this case /Applications.  Not select Blender.app itself.

0 Likes

Hi there.  Just wanted to update.  I've changed the installer so future versions will be more clear.  In the future (version 2.3) you will select the blender.app version not the folder.  Will that be more clear?

Wow thanks so much! Yeah I think that will make it much clearer for myself and others in the future. I really appreciate that! I’m going to try it out today when I get a chance

0 Likes