cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

theblueburrito
Journeyman III

problem with game crashes with rx 5700 xt

Hello everyone, I feel like this is a broken record at this point,but I am having driver issues with the sapphire rx 5700 xt. I am getting black screens and green screens and just general gaming instability. I have used a series of different driver versions to no avail. Same problem. Will work for about an hour or 2 then crash. my system set up is asus rog strix b450-f gaming,R7 2700x, 750 watt psu and 32 gigs of ram. I am on a dual monitor setup. I've stress tested the machine with occp and it seemed fine. I am currently sitting at 19.12.3. I've also checked the event viewer and it is always driver related. No hardware failures. I have also done a system wipe. My system was stable before with a rx 570. Had zero problems except for performance which is to be expected. I know this won't do much but fill this up with more rx 5700 xt stuff. If anyone has any advise that worked for them I'd love to hear it.

Thanks Nerds

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please use the existing thread for this issue. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
cope140
Adept I

Same problem and same GPU, hope we have an answer  

Yes sir,

There just seems to be a huge problem with this card. Thought it could of been my ram and I ran a memtest program over night and came back with 0 errors. I mean I can't overclock my ram at all because my board hates this ram but at least it works at stock speed. Is there any test I could do on the card itself? I ran a fur test on it. I didn't run it for long though. Does anyone know what the switch is for on the card. I think It might be a reset switch. But I'm afraid to fiddle with it in case it makes things worse. The Card when it works is awesome if you look over the shadows which always look bad on amd hardware. They're just so jagged.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please use the existing thread for this issue. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

0 Likes