I've been having trouble with launching and playing a few games. It started with Fallen Order, but that's not the only one.
Any advice that can be given or any walkthrough on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!
I bought Fallen Order on Steam on the 2nd of this month (January), downloaded and installed the game on the 3rd, and on the same day I found out that I needed to install Origin to play it. I was annoyed, but still installed Origin to play it. Origin downloads, and I launch the game through Steam. The screen goes black, a pink and green, fuzzy pattern covers the screen, and the computer reboots itself. This has continued every time I try to launch the game. Sometimes the computer gives me a blue screen, other times it just turns off. Always with the pink and green fuzz.
These are the things I've tried to fix the problem:
- Restarting my PC
- Reinstalling the game
- Reinstalling Steam, and Origin
- Deleting and reinstalling the game onto both Steam and Origin
- Launching the game from both Steam and Origin
- Verifying the games files on both Steam and Origin, as well as "repairing files"
- Reinstalling my video driver
- Updating my video driver
- Installing an older version of my video driver
- Contacting customer support from AMD, Steam, and Origin (no reply)
- Reinstalling Windows 10
- Re-Seating my GPU
Doing a system scan in Command Prompt
None of it worked. Always with the black screen and fuzzy pink rainbow pixels. Most of the time with a blue screen with the error code "THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER." I've checked the error code, and did what it told me to do, which was check my drivers, and eventually reinstall Windows 10. The only effect that I've had with anything I've tried above it the game audio becoming a bit clearer before the crash. I do know now, because of the error code, that it most likely has to do with the Radeon Software.
Here are my current specs, listed below:
- Windows 10
- Desktop PC (built it myself)
- CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor
- GPU: Radeon RX Vega Motherboard: GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0
- RAM: 16.0 GB (2 4GB sticks and one 8GB stick)
- Power Supply: CX 430
Any help that can be given would be much appreciated, I'm pretty much stumped on what to do next.