cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kleas706
Journeyman III

Yet another 1603

Hey all, just got an upgraded GPU, and haven't had any luck installing the new Radeon drivers.
Used to have the Crimson Relive thing, and wanted to upgrade, but whenever I try to install the drivers it gets roughly 75% of the way through installation before locking up and giving me an error 1603

I've done quite a bit trying to fix this the last day and a half and was hoping someone could figure out what's been going on with my install by reviewing my install log, seeing as official support has been... taking their time getting to my ticket

Listing off what I've done trying to fix this :

• Tried the official radeon cleanup utility
  • Tried Display Drive Uninstall
  • Disabled my Antivirus
  • Fully updated windows 10
  • Cleared out C++ entirely
  • Repaired the System Registry and files
  • Tried all of these inside and outside of safe mode
  • Tried with my old GPU to no avail

I'm hoping to have this new GPU fully functioning in the next few days, as I just spent $160 to get it, and now I can't even use the old one.

With that, please, help me D:

1 Solution
kleas706
Journeyman III

Update, as my last resort I went ahead and did a system reset on my computer. If anyone has a issue similar to mine in the future, I can say that this will work, but it will also delete practically all of your programs unless you have them saved to a separate drive.

Thankfully [at least with the version of windows 10 I had at the time] You have the option to save personal files which meant I got to keep most of my games installed, and could use them after I reinstalled steam. With that said, I still have no clue as to what caused the error 1603.

If you're reading this hoping for answers I can't give any, but I hope you'll be able to solve your issue in a reasonable timeframe [I.E. less than 4 days]

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
kleas706
Journeyman III

Update, as my last resort I went ahead and did a system reset on my computer. If anyone has a issue similar to mine in the future, I can say that this will work, but it will also delete practically all of your programs unless you have them saved to a separate drive.

Thankfully [at least with the version of windows 10 I had at the time] You have the option to save personal files which meant I got to keep most of my games installed, and could use them after I reinstalled steam. With that said, I still have no clue as to what caused the error 1603.

If you're reading this hoping for answers I can't give any, but I hope you'll be able to solve your issue in a reasonable timeframe [I.E. less than 4 days]

0 Likes