cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

etexkg
Journeyman III

[R7 250] FPS drops on 1999 game - Counter-Strike 1.6

Hi. I have a problem that keeps bothering me for over a year now, and I would like to ask the right community to help me out. First of all, my configuration is AMD Athlon X4 750K processor, with 8GB of RAM, MSI Radeon R7 250 1GB graphics card, Radeon Software Version 19.12.2, RPC 50000CBK 500W power supply, ASUS VW223 @ 1280x1024 & 75hz, MSI FM2-A55M-E33 and Windows 10 Pro 1909 64bit and I'm getting masive FPS drops from over 300 to under 100. Before everything, I would just like to ask, is it even possible that this "solid configuration" can't handle the 1999 game - Counter-Strike, whos recommended requirements are "800mhz processor, 128mb of RAM, 32mb+ video card and Windows XP"? -_-

By the way, I can run Rocket League with over 60fps whos recommended requirements are "2.5GHz Quad Core, 4GB of RAM and nVidia GTX 660 or better (ATI 7950 or better)"...

Thank you in advance & sorry if I pronounced anything wrong (English is not my native language).

0 Likes
4 Replies
etexkg
Journeyman III

Anything?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its the driver, its unstable, the people in this company don't care either.

The GPU is downclocking which results in choppy FPS, (stuttering)

Maybe try and research flashing the GPU with a custom BIOS to disable the powerplay features.

0 Likes

May You help me on how to do that? I'm not actually that advanced to do flashing and those kinda stuff. If you can send me any tutorial or the custom BIOS You mentioned, I would be really thankful. Thanks for reply.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

Follow this link.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/msi-r7-250-1gb-ddr5-128bit-oc-bios.208072/

I would research first before doing anything as you can quite easily brick your GPU so be careful.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes