cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

fan
Adept II

RDR2 PC Reboots in Fullscreen Mode.

Actually, i fixed my pc reboots only after changed fullscreen to windowed mode. idk why but my card cant run this game in that mode....
I tested many hours in that mode, and had no one crashes. but when i changed windowed into fullscreen in the game - it caused insta crash and reboot!

Any advice or microsoft update for 19.12.1-19.12.3 drivers ?
gc: msi rx 5700 xt gaming x (tested many times in time spy, furmark, occt, vbios updated TV381MH.143)
cpu: ryzen 3700x (switched pbo, autooc, all off, eco modes - doesnt matter)
mb: msi b450-a pro max (chipset driver 1.11.22.454, bios 7b86vm5)
mem: ddr4 g.skill trident z rgb 3200mhz 8x2Gb (tested in testmem5, memtest86)
hdd 2tb + ssd 120gb (tested victoriaHDD, scanned and tested in windows)
psu: thermaltake toughpower grand rgb 650w (tested OCCT 5.xx powersupply)
monitor: samsung c27jg50qqi + dp 1.2, hdmi 2.0 (tested another display - same)
I tried all tips, reinstalled many times windows with many drivers 19.10.1 19.12.1, 19.12.3... nothing. Now im running adrenalin 19.12.3. But even with that  i had once a crash while browsing.
0 Likes
1 Solution
fan
Adept II

Im so happy now. I changed my Msi gaming x 5700 xt to Asus Rog strix 2070 super. This is flawlessly. Gl all to find solution

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

This problem is hardware-related. If possible, get the x570 motherboard. The problem seems to be caused by the processor. If the GPU was the problem, there would usually be no sound distortion.

0 Likes

I had before Intel 3570k, Asus Z77, DDr3 16Gb - it was same issue. Thats why i changed to new system, but was dissapointed after no changes.

0 Likes

The problem is hardware-related. Try a different graphics card, if possible.

0 Likes

I had GTX 1060 - ran smoothly.  If its rx 5700 hardware issue, so why it runs in windowed mode ? i tested many hours in that mode, and had no one crashes. but when i changed windowed into fullscreen in the game - it caused insta crash and reboot! Tested every component separetly - everything is ok. i think there is some incompatibility of amd driver and microsoft's updates

0 Likes

Depending on Fullscreen and windowed mode, AMD driver may be wearing different hooks. I don't know the answer to your question. I'm just guessing. Go to Windows Task Manager and disable StartCN and StartDVR tasks and then reboot your system. This way Radeon Software does not work with Windows startup. Also, do not use Enhanced Sync and Image Sharpening. These modes do not work in windowed mode. Then try again. It's an annoying problem. I hope you can solve the problem. Good luck...

0 Likes

Actually, using only standard mode and also used only display driver without  radeon software - no changes

0 Likes

If I were you, I'd go that way. I would used to underclock and undervolt to the GPU. I would use underclokck by 100Mhz and undervolt to maximum 1150mV. If the result is the same, I would test the PSU with OCCT-PSU for any problems. If the result does not change and the test well done, I would use my consumer rights.

0 Likes

Edit: OCCT PSU test is enough to do until the system reaches the maximum temperatures. Also WattMan should be used for underclokck and undervolt. Good luck...

0 Likes

PSU is tested in occt many hours. Also i undervolt my card to 1800mhz 1v and around of that, even underovlted my cpu - same. Its not power issue. It cant be, i tested rdr2 in windowed mode with ultra settings - no crashes. I w8 for next driver or just return my card to service. 

0 Likes

1000mV is low. Try 1150mV with 1800Mhz. 1V may crash.

0 Likes

Such problem is most likely hardware-related. And you've done all test and you know the problem is with the GPU. This problem can also occur in another game. Good luck.

0 Likes
fan
Adept II

Still Crashing and rebooting. Adrenalin  20.1.1  Fullscreen RDR2

Also game Control is crashing and rebooting now. 

0 Likes
fan
Adept II

Im so happy now. I changed my Msi gaming x 5700 xt to Asus Rog strix 2070 super. This is flawlessly. Gl all to find solution

0 Likes