cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dbonal1701
Journeyman III

RX 5700 crashing I don't know what to do...

So in October of this year I bought the RX 5700 (XFX Blower model) at Best Buy because It was on sale, and I traded it for a Msi GTX 1660 ti. when I got it was running perfectly fine siege, apex and cs-go but in November I bought Modern Warefare as it was on sale and that's when the issues started to occur... i was playing the campaign one night and i was towards finishing it and all of a sudden the screen went dark. everything else was still running the case fans, the RGB etc. and I reset the PC and was running fine the next day I played multiplayer and it was fine for a while until it started having the same issues again and the monitor screen went dark. fast forward to today since a couple of weeks after that happened i have increased the fan speed and i still keep getting the same issues as before. The problem never occurred in siege but  now as so as I load into rainbow six siege It makes a noise and sometimes it lets me play or it crashes and takes me to the loading screen as well as everything else on chrome or playing MW it goes into a dark screen. I don't know what I should do as this is really affecting me as this is my first ever PC build and I have invested a lot into this computer and I don't know if its a software or graphics card issue. here are my specs. 

Motherboard: X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING 

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core, 12-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler

Ram: corsair vengeance rgb pro 16gb 3000mhz

graphics card:  Radeon RX 5700 8GB GDDR6 3xDP HDMI 

Psu: CORSAIR - CX-M Series 650W ATX12V 2.4/EPS12V 2.92 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply

Storage:Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 3D2, QLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) 

1 Reply
old_newbie
Adept I

Welcome to the AMD PC building community!  There are a thousand things going through my head for how to troubleshoot this, but the first thing I would begin with are the Radeon drivers. 

So the first thing I would try is a reinstall of the drivers (something may have gotten corrupted or incompatible with OS updates).  In the new Adrenalin 2020 drivers (19.12.2 or 19.12.3) there is an option to do a factory reset install of the drivers (don't try to use any driver cleaners, this new version of the drivers does that work).  Running the driver setup, and after the system detection, you'll get a screen with the software version about to be installed. Don't click install yet. Underneath there will be a small "additional options" selection. Expand the additional options and there will be a check box for "factory reset". Check that box and proceed with the (re)install, reboot, and try a game.

If you are still getting blackouts, there have been some posts on the community boards saying the latest drivers (19.12.2 and .3) are causing these type of blackout issues on some cards. FYI, the 2020 Adrenalin drivers are a complete overhaul of the 2019 drivers, so they are bound to have some bugs. So with that, I would then try to roll back the driver to 19.12.1 (Adrenalin 2019 version) or lower and see if those drivers don't crash.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes