cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

notreborn
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3600X no game code

I purchased this processor on Amazon while they were advertising 1 free game (Outer world or Borderland 3) + 3 months of xbox game pass. 

I called Amazon customer support and they had no idea what I was talking about, and just offered a free refund. 

Is there any way I can still receive the game code?

Thanks,

0 Likes
7 Replies

If Amazon gave you a refund, no. 

Amazon is the only one that can give you the codes to the game to redeem at AMD Rewards site. 

I would email Amazon Customer Service and show them an image of Amazon's website where it shows your processor indicating it was part of the AMD promotion as proof.

For some reason other Users have been having issues with Amazon concerning the AMD promotion.

If Amazon doesn't give you the coupon codes you are up the creek without a paddle.

Went to Amazon USA for your processor: https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-3600X-12-Thread-Processor/dp/B07SQBFN2D 

If you noticed, it doesn't mention anything about getting free games just a 3 month free Game Pass subscription.

0 Likes

They have removed the description of the free games now. But at the time of purchase in December 16th, it was there. 

Then you need to contact Amazon Customer Service and find out why they haven't sent you the game codes.  Let them know at the time the Free games was being promoted.

Does your Amazon Receipt indicate anything about the free games on it?

0 Likes
eeight
Adept I

I have the exact same issue - 3600X, Amazon purchase (on the same date), no codes. I am absolutely certain the 3600X came with a free game and pass at that time as I opted for the X variant specifically because it came with the free game and the 3600 did not. I've contacted Amazon support 3 times to get me the codes with no luck (awful experience, transfers, clueless responses that really don't respond to concerns, etc); today, they told me to contact AMD about the problem.

I purchased a RX 5700 at the same time and did get the free game code but I had to inquire to get the X-Box Pass code, which they were able to provide.

@elstaci - the deals have changed over time and has varied with different cpus/gpus: it was 2 games + pass, reduced to 1 game + pass, further reduced to just a pass

Aside, the 3600X and rx5700 have been amazing, aside from the Radeon crashes. Really pleased with the gear, but the free game experience has been detrimental.

Resolved (for me).  Amazon did something weird; I hope they modify their receipts to clearly reflect bonus/add-on/free items to avoid future problems, but I have what I paid for at this point

0 Likes

Being as cynical as I am, i take screenshots of everything now

0 Likes

Being as cynical as I am, I assume everything is photoshopped these days. But yeah, good advice really.

0 Likes