cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Your 2019 biggest regret?

So, end of the year. What's your biggest regret? Was it spending way too much on computer hardware, a particular purchase, or a bad investment? Maybe something else?

For me, it's this. Look at how much money I wasted on art. For that I could darn near have an sTRX4 system and a liquid cooled 2080Ti...Or a vacation, or a nice down payment on a new car...Or just $3000 more in the bank!

0 Likes
13 Replies

Depends if the Art you purchased will increase in price and it is a collector's item.

Art Collectors spend huge amount of money collecting valuable Art pieces. But the Art pieces themselves can also be sold for a huge amount of money thus is considered to be an investment since the older they get the more valuable they become or if the Artist dies automatically making his art work more valuable if well known.

Maybe the Art you purchased will be worth two or three times what you purchased in a few years. Thus it would have been a wise investment.

But if you make poor Art choices, then you probably have wasted your money.

0 Likes

Heh, no, it's not investment art. It's art you'd see on certain websites like FA and IB.

0 Likes

What does FA or IB stand for?

I know many people use FB for Facebook, etc.

0 Likes

I think it's best if I don't post that in this forum

Okay, I understand. I was just curious. Didn't mean to put you in a awkward position.

Personally, I gotta admit I wouldn't spend that much money on Art unless it was an investment or it will become more valuable in the future. Heck, Some old Disney cartoon cels have sold for quite a sum of money in the past as an Artist collection item.

But if the Art you purchased brings you pleasure or satisfaction than it really doesn't matter how much you spent on it. As long as you can afford to spend that type of money without financial consequences. 

0 Likes

LOL ! I just googled. 

0 Likes

Careful googling my name in mixed company

0 Likes

for me 2019 saw major improvements but more to come in 2020

0 Likes

That's not a regret.

0 Likes

black_zion wrote:

That's not a regret.

i did not do or buy anything impulsive at all 

0 Likes

For me, i was in too much of a hurry to upgrade, money burns a hole in my pocket so I went a bit lower on mobo choice.

2 weeks later the higher end board ($100 more) I would have liked was only $10 more (than what I bought) on special.

And my new card (from Oct. price) is now $100 cheaper.

But I guess that's the way it goes sometimes. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
bearcat22
Miniboss

I have no regrets. That's because as I get older I find I have the memory of a goldfish.

This is the type of posts that I regret the most in seeing this year.

Unwanted ads in a Forum.

0 Likes