Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

idunknown
Journeyman III

Saphire 5700XT Nitro+ 2019+2020 drivers constant crashing

Congrats Team Red,

On the worst driver release for any videocard in the history of man.

I bought a Sapphire 11293-03-40G Radeon Nitro+ Rx 5700 Xt 8GB GDDR6 Dual HDMI/ Dual DP OC (UEFI) PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card, and over two weeks of game crashes, and lockups, and 3 driver versions I am returning this video card.

I have tried full driver installs from 19.12.1, 19.12.2, and 19.12.3.   Between installs I used DDU and removed everything.   I also tried driver only installs, and then driver only installs w/MSI Afterburner (To manage fan curves).   All permutations resulted in the same constant crashing, lockups.   Not to mention you can't even get your own driver and software to read the correct fan speed on 19.12.2, or 19.12.3.   

Manually set all my PCIE slots to 3.0, also tried undervolting video card.   Nothing!  Not a single dang thing works.

Is this just a pure money grab from your customers?   What a horrendous release of a product.

At least my RX580 still remains rock stable (crash wise), even though it is on it's last legs. 

Every single one of my video cards all the way back to the Rage 128 has been Team Red products.   I'd tout your performance/value.  Not this time.   Heading to Team Green for my video card solution in this build.   

For what it is worth, I am attaching my DXDIAG for your tech supports pleasure.  Maybe it will help you make this unstable god awful mess a bit better for anyone who sticks with it.

Respectfully,

IDUnknown

0 Likes
1 Reply
fan
Adept II

Same here, man. I bought my gaming x for 550$ , and still cant use it properly... Used many tips - pcie3, poweplans, many drivers, all default, undervolting, tdrdelay, cables, fresh installs, even new pc system...   Nothing

0 Likes