cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

vunguyen
Adept I

ThinkPad T495s with AMD Ryzen 7 3700x high temperatures

My ThinkPad T495s with AMD Ryzen 7 has  temperatures during normal tasks like few Firefox tabs in range 50C to 65C. Is it in safe ranges of temperatures? I also noticed that some time it increase temp suddenly and then decrease after few minutes without any actions.

Thank you very much

0 Likes
9 Replies

Assuming Linux is detecting it properly, then yes it's safe, Ryzen 3000 series processors have a maximum safe operating temperature in excess of 90C.

Thanks a lot for your info.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

vunguyen, here are you processor specifications:

pastedImage_1.jpg

Your Max Temps is 95C and AMD is talking about tCtl, so you have plenty of room.  Temperatures move quickly in Ryzen - AMD has figured out how to get things done faster.  If you ever run Windows, you can try Ryzen Master from AMD and it will tell you lots about your processor including current temperature and Max Temps.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

Thank you very much for your info.

0 Likes

You are very welcome, vunguyen.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I am on the Lenovo forum a lot and I can tell you your ThinkPad T495 will be fine. Keep the machine in a well ventilated area as it does throw a bit of heat into the workspace.

There was a long running thread on the ThinkPad T495, not for faults but for features when it first launched. Lenovo has sold a lot of these machines and they are very popular.

T495s First Look - including YouTube link! - Lenovo Community 

Thank you for your info. My laptop is thinkpad T495s. I guess there is nothing different with T495 except "s" .

Thanks

0 Likes

Can always purchase a Laptop Cooling pad or Cooler which will help keep the laptop cooler while running intensive games or programs such as this Tech site explaining about the product and the best one available in 2019: 11 Best Laptop Cooling Pads and Coolers in 2019 - The Tech Lounge 

Also make sure all the vents on the laptop is cleaned out on a regular basis to prevent air flowing restrictions and that the laptop fans are working smoothly.

I have lots of Lenovo machines and as long as they are on a desk they do not overheat in a clean office environment,

0 Likes