Why is this process that's meant to sit idle in the background CONSTANTLY using ~10% of the CPU?
Tried reinstalling the latest driver, but it eventually came back eating up the CPU without even running any game...
Are you sure you don't have replay on and desktop recording? It shouldn't use that much for it anyway but I guess it depends on your system.
Yes, I'm SURE that I don't have any of that stuff enabled since I don't use any of that... Literally the first thing I do when I install/reinstall the driver is that I disable all this stuff...
I'm getting the same behavior. It started right after I upgraded to 2020 yesterday. Sheesh.
somebody found a solution in 2018 but for me thois is bulls s#$%^t not a solition - instal igpu driver for Intel cpu, for what? no sense at all.... what i just did i cli ck only after clean instal and some twekas, u ndvervolt etxc i click button default setiing, reset settings and from thenm i dont have high cpu so try that gmjohnston and tell me if this works to for U
i juxst bought rx570 and i wnat sell this immidietely, ef 25% this process is using CPU doing nothing, ef U amd
i click button default setiing, reset settings and from thenm i dont have high cpu
just had the same problem on 20.1.2 i did factory reset and now no more cpu usage
I've just made the Update to the 19.12.2 version on the 4/12/2019 on my Lenovo Ideapad. Since the CPU charge is between 18% and 30% linked to the program. So the cpufan is always turn on and noisy. The only way is to shutdown the service. I think it is just a shame. I'm waiting an update from AMD...
Change default radeon re-live save location. My system was trying to save to a folder that didn't exist causing this issue.
I'll just put this here for poor souls arriving from a desperate google search. I was having serious trouble with this issue since I have a really low end CPU and this was using 80-100% of my CPU power sometimes. When it would spike, my entire PC would freeze up and I would need to wait around 30 seconds to regain control.
I first noticed that it would set the priority to high when it spiked so I would always try to keep the priority to low. Alas, to no avail, the spikes would still occur. I resorted to some desperate measures. I found the .exe file in question. I then ended the task with the Task Manager and in the short space between the process ending and it being rebooted by the system, I moved the .exe to the recycle bin. Then, I restored the application but before the system could find it again, I renamed it to something inane like "CPUboogeyman" and changed the file extension to .txt rather than .exe. This has entirely prevented the application from running, freeing up that precious CPU power.
Retrieving data ...