Here's my setup:
- I'm running an XFX RX5700 XT which has performed flawlessly to date
- I'm running a Samsung monitor using DisplayPort
- running at 4k resolution
- I'm running a graphics tablet using HDMI (the only connection it has)
- running at 1920x1080 resolution (as high as it goes)
- Ryzen 3900
- 64 GB DDR4 @ 3200
- Asus TUF Gaming Plus (WiFi) x570 mobo
I have a super clear picture from the DisplayPort/Samsung pair, but my HDMI/graphics tablet (which works fine on other computers) is displaying the kind of digital snow you'd see if you didn't pay your cable bill.
Oddly enough, each time I boot the computer in this configuration, the graphics tablet/HDMI pair first show my desktop while the Samsung/DisplayPort is blank. THEN, the graphics tablet goes to digital snow and the Samsung/DisplayPort gets the image.
So, am I not able to run a DisplayPort and HDMI at the same time? Would an HDMI to DP adapter solve this issue? Or is there some other problem I'm not thinking of?
Any help would be appreciated!