cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenGL & Vulkan

kknewkles
Adept I

Vulkan development and recent AMD drivers

I've recently purchased an RX 470(Asus mining edition) to get access to AMD's suite of awesome profiling tools, for Vulkan development.

Alas, under Adrenalin 19.12.2(and I've installed the optional 19.12.3 today), Vulkan apps don't seem to be working on my machine(Windows 7, x64). full-stop. Here's what I get from a range of Vulkan applications:

- Wolfenstein II:

wolf2_error.png

- Vulkan SDK(vkvia.html, which will hopefully prove helpful, is attached below):
sdk_error.png

- vulkaninfo.exe:
vkinfo_error.png

- My own application:

rt_error.png

I have a couple theories as to what might be going on, but I think they all might be worthless.

Please help

0 Likes
3 Replies
kknewkles
Adept I

Update: after looking through all the files, registry chains etc for a few hours, and cleaning up all of the Vulkan ever(some leftovers from old SDKs), reinstalling of the drivers and dodging a "autofailover bad driver" bootloop, Wolfeinstein II works and works beautifully, on Adrenalin 19.12.2.

My theory at the moment is that SDK might be breaking the loader, I'll report on that later.

0 Likes
kknewkles
Adept I

Installed Vulkan SDK 1.1.130, which was very luckily published a few hours ago; since this version they're no longer supplying the ICD, so there's no way it would've broken the loader.

Thus, all gaming and development capacities are restored and RX 470 is one hell of a horse.

Thanks for attention

0 Likes
dorisyan
Staff

Thanks kknewkles‌, AMD YES!