AnsweredAssumed Answered

HELP! cant install new 2020 drivers. Error 211

Question asked by rosaatra on Dec 19, 2019
Latest reply on Dec 21, 2019 by rosaatra

So, my computer cant install the new Adrenalin 2020 edition. I tried to update my Adrenalin 2019 and used the "express" option then after it hit like 20%. I got this error:

I didn't have any problems installing the previous 2019 drivers. I restarted my PC and tried again. I still got the same error. Since I checked the "Factory Reset", I am now stuck with no drivers.

I searched online for possible solutions, none of which I found helped.

These are the unsuccessful fixes I tried to do:

> Tried what the AMD site possible solutions were, which was giving access to the file. Did everything what this Youtube video said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3m4gBiSTus&t=202s. Still, did not fixed the error

>I tried changing its default directory (from C:\Program Files\AMD to C:\AMD). When that didn't work I tried to change the disk location (from Disk C: to Disk D:). I even made a new folder for it named "AMD". I still got the same error.

> Disabled my Antivirus before installing

> Tried DDU clean install

> Tried installing it in safe mode

This problem is driving me crazy. I can't properly play my games. If any of you have solutions that I didn't yet tried or have information that this is a common problem with the new 2020 drivers. Pleases do tell me so, your help is well appreciated.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

RX 580

Adrenalin 2020 19.12.12 and 19.12.13

Outcomes