cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

zachalao
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3400G displays grey screen on lock?

This is an interesting bug / error.

I was on steam playing Kovaak's, and my PC froze for the first time ever. It's less than a year old. The power button wasn't turning the computer off, so I flipped the power switch on the back of the computer. The PC booted to my Windows 10 lock screen with the time and date showing, however everything else is grey. I am able to click on the screen, and it slides to the screen where my email and password box input would be, but once again I am met with a blank grey screen. The network, ease of access, and power settings still show but whenever I click on them, it freezes.

Things I've tried:

-booting into safe mode using shift + restart

-reseating RAM, GPU, and CPU

-switching and disconnecting my DisplayPort from my GPU and trying to boot using my CPU's integrated gfx

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3400g

Sapphire Radeon RX 590 Red Devil

500W Power Supply

HyperX 16 GB DDR4-2666

MSI B450M Pro VDH

AMD Wraith Cooler

256GB SSD Intel 660p

At this point I'm just trying to get into safe mode to restore to a new version of windows.

HELP

0 Likes
1 Reply
misterj
Big Boss

zachalao, Safe Mode is really weird in W10, please search on it.  I have never succeeded in booting to Safe Mode.   When a system hangs, the Reset button should get it going, if you have one. Usually user built systems have Reset Buttons.  If not, holding the Power button down for a long time will power down.  Are you willing to format you C: disk?  if so, format it and do a fresh install of the latest W10.  Sorry.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes