cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

itaksojdet
Adept I

3700x runs memory only 2900MHz, but 2600x runs the same memory and same MB with 3200MHz

I had perfect working system configuration Ryzen2600x, Gygabyte B450 Aorus M, 2 memory sticks (8Gb)*2 - HX432C18FB2K2/16 working at 3200MHz

But i bought a new Ryzen3700x in august, MB has the latest bios (50), but system doesnt post with TWO sticks on 3200MHz. 1st flashes memory led, after some seconds CPU ledand system doesnt run.

If i leave 1 stick it runs normally at 3200 and even OC. I tryed to rise a voltage at 1.350v but it didnt help to run with two sticks.
So my PC has lower perfomance then it could be...

0 Likes
1 Solution
itaksojdet
Adept I

It seems the problem is solved!
There is a section in bios called "AMD Overclocking". It duplicates some functions of M.I.T. section, you can select frequency and timings. I raise VDDIO  value by 25. Sometimes BIOS shows hints sometimes not, its rather buggy.
Value of 25 means 1.2+4mv*25
Also i selected 1600MHz and suddenly everything is working. AIDA benchmark showed 44Gb\sec on 3200 instead 40Gb at 2900MHz. Then i selected 1700MHz AIDA showed lower perfomance, so i set 1600MHz back and OC it slightly by timings, in last case AIDA showed 45gb/sec reading

View solution in original post

17 Replies
itaksojdet
Adept I

so. now my DDR works at 2900+

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

itaksojdet, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image into to your reply.  What do you mean " rise a voltage at 1.350v"?  Are you using XMP or manual OCing?  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

There are 2 profiles in bios - 1)3200MHz - was set by default and works only with one module 2) 2900MHz  - set manually by me, and works fine with two modules.
My modules are 3200 and worked on this clock with my previous CPU(Ryzen2600x)
Also i tryed to set manually freq to 3200 - doesn't work with two modules. Works fine with one module.

Безымянный.jpg

0 Likes

itaksojdet, please DL the free utility from Thaiphoon Burner and run it on your two sticks and post the screenshots.  Did you install a fresh copy of W10 after installing the 3700X?  I suspect you will need to talk to your memory vendor.  What slots do you have the sticks in and running either stick work at 3200 MHz?  If one does and one doesn't, you will need to RMA your kit.  I assume you did buy a dual channel memory kit.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT:Please do a Clear CMOS.

0 Likes

@Did you install a fresh copy of W10 after installing the 3700X?@ - Yes, i did
@I suspect you will need to talk to your memory vendor.  What slots do you have the sticks in and running either stick work at 3200 MHz?@ Slot 1 - 3, i ' ll check either stick tomorrow.
@ If one does and one doesn't, you will need to RMA your kit. @ I can't remember exactly i'll check tomorrow. What does "RMA" mean?
@I assume you did buy a dual channel memory kit. @ - yes

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes

itaksojdet, your memory is in the wrong slots.  Please see your manual, page 10.  The two sticks should be in DDR4_1 and DDR4_2.  You can also try DDR4_3 and DDR4_4.  I cannot explain why it worked on your 2600X.  Good luck and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Im sorry, slots that i called 1 and 3 reallly was DDR4_3 and DDR4_4 
If counting from cpu they are 1 and 3.
Now i changed slots to DDR4_1 and DDR4_2 and nothing changes? it runs only at 2900+
--------

I tried as you said yesterday every stick to run at every slot, and..... ONE STICK works well in any slot, another stick works only at 2900 in any slot... So it seems that the sticks work different, but.... they work fine with Ryzen 2600x! at 3200.

0 Likes

Your RAM Memory is listed on your Motherboard's QVL List for Matisse Processors:

Your RAM Memory runs natively at 2933 MHZ. But if you use XMP you should get a higher MHZ which it supports in BIOS.

Try running MEMTEST86 to eliminate defective RAM Module.

0 Likes

pastedImage_1.jpg

pastedImage_2.jpg

pastedImage_3.jpg

pastedImage_4.jpg

pastedImage_5.jpg

pastedImage_6.jpg

pastedImage_7.jpg

Seems like you have "Zero" errors which indicates that Physically your RAM is not defective. I would open a Gigabyte Support ticket and ask them about the problems you are having with your QVL Listed RAM Memory.

You mentioned the RAM Memory ran fine in its native MHZ Frequency of 2933 but not when Overclocked? is this correct?  If so, let Gigabyte Support know and see what they recommend. According to the QVL list, the Motherboard does support XMP Profiles or RAM Overclocking.

0 Likes

Unfortunately, they didn't help me. They answer for a very long time and not to the point. On their forum of the Russian-speaking segment I faced not very friendly manner and shifting of problems from their party on producers of memory and the processor. It was back in August when I could not start the system with a new processor for a week. When I moved the frequency to 2900 and everything worked they felt that they did not have to answer me further.
Perhaps I'll look for help on English-language forums.
Today looking through similar topics I came across information that perhaps the solution lies in the DRAM boot voltage option. If I find this option in the evening, I will try to change it to a higher value today.

itaksojdet, I strongly recommend you RMA the kit!  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I dont think it is possible to return it... It passed all tests, and work fine with Ryzen 2.. 

0 Likes

itaksojdet, you do what you want to but as I see it one stick runs at specifications (3200MHz @1.22 Volts) and the other does not.  You did a good job diagnosing the problem and it is very clear to me - the memory is specified to run at 3200MHz @ 1.22 Volts and one stick will not.  If the vendor recommends you to raise the voltage, do as they say if you wish.  I strongly recommend you talk to the Vendor tech support and request an RMA authorization.  Enjoy, John.

EDIT: I just noticed your MEMTEST86  test results.  I would have recommended you not do it.  What frequency did MEMTEST86 run at?  I do not know!

0 Likes

Maybe there is some reason that 2600x pulled both sticks, and 3700x pulls only 1? Maybe we should increase the voltage or something?

0 Likes

I changed timings to boost some perfomance to compensate lower frequency of memory.
But if you suddenly ask-initially all settings and timings were by default

0 Likes
itaksojdet
Adept I

It seems the problem is solved!
There is a section in bios called "AMD Overclocking". It duplicates some functions of M.I.T. section, you can select frequency and timings. I raise VDDIO  value by 25. Sometimes BIOS shows hints sometimes not, its rather buggy.
Value of 25 means 1.2+4mv*25
Also i selected 1600MHz and suddenly everything is working. AIDA benchmark showed 44Gb\sec on 3200 instead 40Gb at 2900MHz. Then i selected 1700MHz AIDA showed lower perfomance, so i set 1600MHz back and OC it slightly by timings, in last case AIDA showed 45gb/sec reading