cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

belite
Adept I

X570 USB CHIPSET PROBLEMS with a lot of MIDI Hardware

Just noticed alot of USB-Midi devices with motorized faders (like Icon Qcon Pro, Behringer X-Touch ...) get stopcode 10 and wont start. On x470 or on x570 with pci-e usb card they are running fine.

It must have something to do with the x570 amd usb chipset drivers or that the usb ports wont get enough power. Beside of this board is there any form to submit the bug ? 

8 Replies
quediquak
Journeyman III

I've the same problem... Some MIDI-Devices don't work. Any suggestions what to do? Using a pci-e card is not possible working with a notebook...

0 Likes
juul
Journeyman III

Did you solve this problem because I have it to can you help me how to fix it

0 Likes

yep i bought this card 

Delock PCIe USB 3.0 4 Port NEC-Chipset

0 Likes

MIDI support with Windows XP through Windows 7 is OK, Starting with Windows 8 however support was dropped.

Probably the best option is to dual boot or use an older machine for MIDI

0 Likes
litehart
Journeyman III

I have the same issues with my Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 with AMD Ryzen 4500U. The most popular solution appears to be adding another PCI USB card which is not possible for a laptop. I am in the process of updating from an older machine (desktop and a laptop for mobility) so this is unacceptable. Any real solutions would wonderful.

0 Likes

There wont be happening something. Ive installed all updates since the launch. X570 is by far the worst chipset ive ever had.

0 Likes
gianlcozza
Adept I

I have the same issue with AMD Ryzen 5 3600X and Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro Wifi

0 Likes

On the Behringer you can just use the LAN port and bypass the USB issue altogether.  Just use this RTP Midi to set it up. https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/rtpmidi.html

0 Likes