AnsweredAssumed Answered

RX 5700 XT Aerofly FS 2:  8-12% gpu use @ 200mhz clock!  ***!

Question asked by jl5086 on Dec 17, 2019
Latest reply on Dec 20, 2019 by jl5086

This is getting really lame,  My crappy iMac with pro570 chews right thru this same title with same MAX settings.   Why Why Why can't you just make this gpu, if it's the "next gen architecture", just be better than the previous?  You need to give us a way to ensure our card will clock up to what you promised when selling it,  I mean I am not complaining about it falling a hundred mhz short here.   Game after game,  unless I crank up the resolution to 4k (which I cant expect it to perform great then anyway),  at resolutions it should power through and be a champ at,  it just checks out, either completely, like with Aerofly FS 2, which somehow manages to get 30fps while utilizing avg. 6-20%  with clock speed of 150-300mhz.   Although for good measure it drops to ZERO % every few seconds.   Many other games are similar,  clocks shooting up to 2000mhz,  just to drop to 300mhz,  and it absolutely ruins any chance of using this card.  So I now have my OLD rx580 installed alongside my NEW rx5700xt, so I can play most every game that just sucks with my new card.   I also find myself hopping on my Mac to play titles at good framerates without dropping every other frame.   At least you seemed to have done a great job with these Polaris cards,  I really should have just waited to spend money on a new GPU, since I can't hardly use it!

Outcomes