cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

orli433
Journeyman III

Game Freezes while audio continues

Good night everyone! So I recently upgraded to an R7 3700x with a new mobo and formated my ssd to from Win7 to Win 10. I noticed that it most games I tried just as it starts. No matter if it is in the menus or gameplay the video will just freeze but the game and audio continues (I can navigate menues and move characters). If I Alt+Tab it fixes itself for a few seconds and then it does it again. This only happens if I play in fullscren, in windowed I can play normally.

I noticed that this mostly happens in newer or recentley updated games (FIFA 20, BFV, Total War Warhammer 2, RE2), I tried in older games and this does not happen. Might this be a driver issue? Should I go back to an older driver, as I have them updated? I also turned off the "Auto-Install Drivers" from Windows 10.

This is my setup:

MSI X570 A-Pro

Ryzen 7 3700x

Rx 480 Saphire 8gbVram

8gb Ram (1 HyperX Fury stick)

2ssd, 2 hdd.

Any idea why this might be happening and what can I do to fix it.

Thanks!

2 Replies
painmaker
Adept II

AMD has been already informed about this issue.  https://community.amd.com/thread/246229  . They will fix it eventually. Try Disable Anti-lag and Enhanced Sync to fix the problem.

Excellent. I just tried rolling back to a previous driver (Nov 14th one) and had no problems so far. Thanks!