AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
ASUS ROG Strix B450-i Mobo (BIOS version 2901 - latest)
ADATA XPG 2x16GB PC-25600 @ 3200Mhz RAM
VisionTek AMD Radeon Rx 5700 XT
Intel P660 M2 SSD (Latest firmware)
Corsair 850HX PSU (850W)
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
Acer G235H - doesn't have HDMI, see below
Monitor is hooked up via DVI to a UGreen branded DVI-Female-to-HDMI-male adaptor, which then plugs into my Video Card's HDMI port.
Describe your issue:
When I install AMD Adrenalin drivers, the system rapidly, within 2-3 minutes becomes unstable to the point where I need to shut off/restart the computer, the screen goes into hibernation mode, and sometimes the computer even shuts itself off. I also get Audio cracking (even though I am using the audio line in on my motherboard and not the HDMI audio).
Things I've tried/things to note:
- Uninstalling/reinstalling Windows (this is a clean/new build - I've reinstalled windows fresh a few times)
- I've installed the latest AMD Adrenalin 2020 drivers (19.12.2) - system was unstable after install)
- I tried installing AMD Adrenalin 2019 (19.10.1) WHQL drivers - system was unstable after install
- I tried doing a custom install of both AMD Adrenalin 2020 19.12.2 drivers, and AMD Adrenalin 2019 19.10.1 WHQL drivers, and just installing the Display driver - system was unstable after installs.
- In between each driver install, I booted into safe mode, and ran DDU to uninstall the previous drivers.
-Ran a Memtest on the RAM, all passed.
-Computer runs fine as long as I don't have the drivers installed. I've left it 2 days on all day with 0 problems without the drivers installed. Audio no longer crackles as soon as the drivers are installed.
- Uninstalled all GFX drivers using DDU. Installed previous video card (Nvidia GeForce 980Ti) and drivers. Runs OK. Video games work too. Will update if I run into issues, but for now, I'm thinking there may be a defect with this card. If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.
Any additional info, please feel free to ask. I don't know what else to try at this point, please help, please!