Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

demorg
Adept I

19.12.2 no freesync

Hi

Since i (clean) installed the 19.12.2 driver Freesync stopped working. At first it was working with the following setup:

- Core i5 4690k

- MSI Z97 Gaming 5

- 2x8GB DDR3

- Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse

- Asus MG279Q through DP and i have a Yamaha A/V reciever through HDMI for audio only

- Windows 10 with latest updates

The problems started when a changed my Intel parts for AMD Ryzen:

- Ryzen  5 3600

- MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

- 2x8 GB DDR4

Now, no matter what i do FS just wont work, even with older drivers. It only works until the first restart.

Anyone have this problem? Maybe a solution? If possible i dont want to reinstall my whole system.

0 Likes
2 Replies
letsgoiowa
Adept I

I know it's been a while since you posted, but I have the exact same issue with the same monitor and a similar setup. I want to check one thing, and this is for troubleshooting only (I don't expect you to do this all the time!) 

Try unplugging any devices through HDMI and any other display connections EXCEPT the ASUS MG279Q. Then fire up a game and see if Freesync starts working again. When I unplug my secondary monitor on HDMI, my MG279Q is magically able to use Freesync again. If this works, maybe it'll help AMD figure out the issue.  

0 Likes

I think that monitor is a 144Hz but the FreeSync range is less than the top end of the monitor refresh rate:

Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync) technology supported within 35Hz~90Hz for DP only

1. Make sure you have the latest Monitor Drivers installed - it seems they are only available for Windows 8.1 though... 
That may also be your problem. 

MG279Q Driver & Tools | Monitors | ASUS USA

Try: Control Panel -> Display Settings -> Advanced Display Settings: 

pastedImage_2.png

Set your monitor to a resolution with a 90Hz refresh rate. 
See if FreeSync will turn on. 

Another thing you could try is leave the monitor refresh rate at 144Hz but limit GPU output to 89Hz using Global or Local FRTC in Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1.

0 Likes