Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

drzuse
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X - Flecke auf neuer CPU-Unterseite

Hallo,

über die Firma mindfactory habe ich unter anderem auch die neue AMD-CPU gekauft. Beim Auspacken der CPU fiel mir auf, dass auf der Unterseite der CPU braune Flecken zu sehen sind. Sind das Verunreinigungen oder ähnlich?

Oder kann ich CPU so einbauen?

Fotos habe ich beigefügt als pdf-Datei.

Für eine Rückmeldung bedanke ich mich.

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Hubertus Schulze

drzuse@gmx.net

0 Likes
2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

drzuse, this is an English only forum.  I have a 1950X and would like to understand your problem.  Please re-post in English.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Those brown spots are probably from the Manufacturing process. You can use 92% Isopropyl Alcohol and carefully see if you can clean it off.  Install the Ryzen and see if it boots up and everything works correctly.

Found this previous Tom's Hardware thread that explains this: Just got my NEW Ryzen 5 2600 from newegg, has brown/clear spots on it? | Tom's Hardware Forum 

The answer from this User seems to be someone experienced with Computers and I also tend to agree with him.

But if you want to feel better about those spots open a AMD WARRANTY REQUEST ticket and ask them to verify the above information from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

Note: You can change the language to your native language.

0 Likes