s0mnam

RX 5700XT x Ghost Recon Breakpoint constant crashes

Discussion created by s0mnam on Dec 14, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2020 by s0mnam

Cheers,

I got the game with my GPU and have had a problem with crashes ever since.

I believe this has to do with the driver, yet what I am going to describe happens in this game only.

Driver 19.12.1 (current, tried older ones)

Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+

[Ryzen 5 3600

MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon

2x8 Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200 Mhz]*                                                    *these are not the problem, had                                                                                                                                  different GPUs, AMD & Nvidia in here

I can run around for something like 3-4 minutes (always about the same time) and the game will just freeze & crash.

At first I thought it was due to a corrupt save file, but it would happen with both, local and cloud saves.

Turnt down the graphics as I noticed my GPU was hitting 97% easily with the temps being still in a safe but not the best range; nothing.

When I went ahead and monitored the GPU with Wattman I noticed the very weird behaviour as shown in the attached screenshot.

With that data I strongly believe this is a driver-related issue, as it appears to just be crashing and pulling the game with it.

Also, as you can see the readouts on the left are stuck @ the usage right before the crash.

Note that I am using the stock fan profile since custom ones will crash the GPU (PC etc. still runnning but no output to monitors)

Attachments

Outcomes