cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

drancosqui
Adept I

I just install the Adrenalin 2020 and it's all glitch! WTF?!

I can't access any game, the pc is so slow, that i can't even open blender!! i can't work!!!

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.

Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Every time after a black screen... well there is one time that it just froze and force me to reset.

AMD2.JPG

Blender after 10 min (without textures, in edit mode).

20191216_002446.jpg

0 Likes
20 Replies

scan your rig for malware

malwarebytes is free to use and it can clean up a lot of crap

0 Likes

I have premium malwarebytes, is the DRIVERS!

0 Likes

what does the task manager have say for system load

0 Likes

what?

0 Likes

sort the task manager by CPU load

0 Likes

The problem is the GPU, NOT THE CPU, why there isn't any AMD support people, helping? i just want the old drivers back, and i can't get them because the "adrenalin 2020" is the "new forced thing". It's been 3 day since i can't work... 3 days behind... i swear to god, if i get fired for this, AMD is gonna regret it. 

0 Likes

Every time after a black screen... well there is one time that it just froze and force me to reset... so it's the GPU.

Edit 1:

AMD2.JPG
Blinking black bars now... great... **** great...

Edit 2:

20191216_002446.jpg

That is blender, after 10 min working...

0 Likes

drancosqui wrote:

Every time after a black screen... well there is one time that it just froze and force me to reset... so it's the GPU.

Edit 1:

AMD2.JPG
Blinking black bars now... great... **** great...

Edit 2:

20191216_002446.jpg

That is blender, after 10 min working...

VRAM fault, check your video card and rescind any overclocking.

If you are at stock speeds, then RMA the card.

0 Likes

Good Point, Manual overclocking beside Overheating can cause Artifacts besides a defective GPU card.

0 Likes
drancosqui
Adept I

Are any AMD support tech in here? i'm wasting my time? i should just give up?! i can't find any help... i can't contact anyone from AMD, and i losing my **** mind! PLEASE SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes

This is a User - User forum, populated by AMD GPU users. 

It looks like VRAM Artifacting to me. A sign of card failure - don't run your card.

Are you running blender on an RX5700/XT Reference card or Anniversary Edition?  
VRAM Temps are very high on those cards. 
Can you even see a GPU or VRAM Temp report for the GPU? 

You need to supply your system information please. 
CPU

Motherboard. 
GPU

RAM

OS version. 

etc. 

If you want support from AMD you need to use this: 
https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes

thanks! i send them an email.

No problem. Good luck. 
Meantime post your system info and someone on here might be able to help out. 

0 Likes

MB: m5a88-m

CPU: AMD FX 6300 6 Core Processor 3.5Ghz

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

RAM: 12GB

SSD: 256GB

HDD: 1TB

SO: Windows 7
And the temp they don't pass 60ºC

0 Likes

You didn't mention the exact Model of HD 77xx you have installed. But here is the latest Windows 7 drivers for the HD7790 which should be the same for all HD 77xx models: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd-radeon-hd-7790 

Here is the last 6 months or so Previous Drivers for that GPU Card: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000-series/amd... 

If you want to download a AMD Driver older than 7/19 then go to 3D Guru website. There they have several years worth of AMD Drivers to download.

Try downloading OCCT which is free and a stand alone Stress test software.  The GPU Stress with Error checks the GPU card's RAM memory to see if it is defective or not. See if it shows any errors while running. Also keep an eye on the Temperature and PSU Outputs. Overheating besides a defective GPU card are the main reasons for Artifacts to occur.

See if by installing a Previous AMD Driver the artifacts stops if not and OCCT shows artifacts while running or shows errors you may have a defective GPU card. If under Warranty open a ticket and see if they can check out your GPU card.

0 Likes

In the "Blender photo" on the right corner of the windows bar, i have the temp of my GPU and CPU all the time, just in case, i'm that kind of guy.

0 Likes

RE: If you want to download a AMD Driver older than 7/19 then go to 3D Guru website. There they have several years worth of AMD Drivers to download.

Or... Stay on AMD site and:

Search for 16.12.2 release notes or whatever version you need in the Top RHS Search bar.
Open the link.

You will still be able to download the drivers from the release notes.

0 Likes

Suppose you don't have the Driver version to input in the search bar?

0 Likes

Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year and thanks for all of the support you give to AMD users.

RE: Suppose you don't have the Driver version to input in the search bar?
I usually know which one I am after.
However it is pretty easy to guess what is available.

Start searching for 16.1.1 or 15.1.1 or 15.2.1 or whatever for whatever year or month and go from there.

Really the AMD Drivers site should give a link to all old drivers rather than having to search like that.

You used to be able to get them all before web site redesign.

The Guru3D site is good since is does have lots of older drivers available and did/do use it sometimes.
I am concerned that I am downloading old drivers from a non AMD site and I have no idea how secure the downloaded drivers from that site are or if they have been modded.

So I can go to Guru 3D site to look at the list of released drivers but then search for the release notes and driver download link from the AMD site instead.

Merry Christmas to you too.

0 Likes