cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

stef
Journeyman III

BSOD With ver. 19.12.2

I have currently Installed the newest Driver and since then i get BSOD with Windows Photos (Yes that out of all things) When i enter Fullscreen mode with Windows Photos and then leave Fullscreen my pc Bluescreens.

I also get random BSOD With the game Anno 2070 when i run it  with radeon graphics setting enabled. Sometimes even right after i started the game.

On other Games and Applications no BSOD happen.

the error that i get when it Bluescreens is: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED  0x1000007e

The BSOD didn't happen with ver. 19.12.1.. Because of that i reinstalled the old Driver and no more BSOD happen. Its a shame because the new Driver looks pretty nice and came with more options.

My System

I7 3770k @4.3 Ghz

16 Gb DDR3 1600 Mhz

RX 580 8GB

0 Likes
4 Replies
rawintellect
Miniboss

Do you have Enhanced Sync enabled? It's currently broken and causes many issues with 19.12.2. (Freezes, BSODS, black screens in games.) Try disabling it and see if your issue goes away?

0 Likes

i was about to post this. will try this. this happens to me 3 times, while playing monitor shows "No Display" then now im watching the video hangs but with voice, i have to turn off my monitor then went back to normal. and 1 more  now im watching 1st episode is done and when the next video play. i got this no display again xD

0 Likes
stef
Journeyman III

Yes with Enhanced Sync disabled BSODS won't appear in games anymore, but on some Windows 10 standard Apps they still appear, even with any radeon setting disabled.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

https://www.amd.com/tr/support/contact-email-form 

Share the error message you receive with dmp file with AMD. If CPU OC is present, it may cause this error. In addition, Radeon applications running in the background can cause this kind of errors. Stop Radeon applications with using Task Manager and try again. If you determine the cause of the problem and the problem is applications running in the background, notify AMD with the service request.

0 Likes