llares

Adrenalin 2020 - Error 212

Discussion created by llares on Dec 12, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 5, 2020 by vool

Hi all,

trying to install the new Adrenalin 2020 driver on my Win 10 x64. Getting error 212 at the beginning of the installation and can't solve it. Here the AMD problem and solution:"

Possible Cause

By default, Radeon™ Software Installer checks for disk space during installation. The installer will terminate if it has detected that a Windows® default user folder is attached to a mapped network drive, which it cannot access.

Windows® default user folders are; Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos. These folders are created by Windows® and associated to an individual user account.

Solution

Please move the Windows® default user folder that is currently attached to the mapped network drive to a local drive (such as C: drive), before installing Radeon™ Software. Once Radeon™ Software installation is complete, you may undo the change above.

More information about configuring Windows® default user folders, please refer to Microsoft® article: Configuration of the My Documents folder"

I have one network drive connected and my libraries are also on the network drive, but the personal folders are still on c:\  I checked the registry, but it's the same. 

I also created a new admin-user and turned of my securtiy- suite, but still get the same error.

Though I do not understand, why this check is necessary anyway and why it interrupts installation (very most programs let me choose installation direction), any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Outcomes