Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

srdjanmax
Journeyman III

Samsung Odyssey + issues with the new radeon driver

Hello,

Today I installed the new Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition (19.12.2). However, with the new software my Samsung Odyssey + doesn't function properly anymore. In my field of view only the center looks normal, but everything around it towards periphery is dark (see attached pic). This only happens in windows mixed reality. SteamVR looks normal. I did not have this issue with the old drivers, everything worked perfect. Any ideas what is contributing to this and how to correct it?

Thanks,

SM

11 Replies
z0mbi3
Journeyman III

I am also having the issue with a Lenovo Explorer since installing 19.12.2 for my Vega 56.

0 Likes

I have vega 56 as well (which I forgot to mention ). After having the above described issue, the next day I couldn't use the headset at all. The headset was in a connect/disconnect loop. Anyhow, as I mentioned before I couldn't find any other fix but to roll back the old driver. Everything works fine with the old driver. 

0 Likes
srdjanmax
Journeyman III

So far couldn't find a solution. Rolled back the old driver, works fine. New radeon update will have to wait.  

0 Likes
julien1428
Journeyman III

I am having the exact same issue as the OP with the original Samsung Odyssey. It seems to be a Windows Mixed Reality issue as others with different Windows Mixed Reality headsets are experiencing the same issues. This is with a Vega64 gpu.

0 Likes

It might be Vega 56/64 + WMR issue.

0 Likes
srdjanmax
Journeyman III

Tried 19.12.3 and the issue is still present. Tried my headset with displayport (instead of HDMI), and it did not help. What gives!?!?!?!?

0 Likes
lowlevel
Journeyman III

+, have same issue RX590 !!!

0 Likes

I doubt there'll be any fix for this. There's just not that many people using WMR headsets for AMD or Windows to care about. 

0 Likes

I would suggest posting either at Microsoft Forums or at https://www.tenforums.com/ and see what they recommend besides downgrading the driver.

Also everyone affected by this should open an Online AMD Service Request ticket (AMD SUPPORT) to let them know that this is a common issue with the latest AMD Driver and VR headset when using Windows Reality feature:https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

That way AMD will become aware of the issue and possibly start finding a solution for the next driver update.

NOTE: LoL, found out that you have opened a Thread at Tenforums .com. Try Microsoft Forum if you haven't yet.

EDIT: Found that some other User has opened a Thread at Microsoft Forums for the same issue you guys are having: WMR Cliff House ONLY: render problem. clear circle in the middle - Microsoft Community 

But the fix was the same as yours was by downgrading the AMD Driver plus no Microsoft Moderator actually has replied yet to give his opinion on what the problem is with Windows Reality and AMD drivers.

0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll open the ticket and we'll see where it goes.

S.

0 Likes
old_newbie
Adept I

Same distortion issue with the blue Acer HMD and 19.12.2 in WMR portal home.  Steam home works just fine.  All games seem to work fine for both Steam and Windows [tested Angry birds (Steam) and Halo Recruit (WMR portal home)].  Culpability should be with AMD's driver team to fix.

0 Likes