cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

b26354
Adept I

Adrenalin Software 2020 Black Screen When Loading Star Wars Battlefront II

Installed the new drivers yesterday, no errors, all looked fine. Loaded Origin and launched Star Wars Battlefront II and I can heard the game sound but nothing on the screen. I exit the game using ALT + F4, relaunched the game with the same result. Restarted the computer, just in case, loaded Origin, Battlefront 2 and this time showed the loading screen but the loading screen stayed and can hear the game sound on the background. Reinstalled previous version of the Adrenalin Software, restarted and the game worked fine again.

1 Solution
rebios
Journeyman III

Is Enhanced Sync enabled? It causes the problem you tell in 19.12.2 Adrenalin Version.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
ves
Adept II

I'm having similar issues. 

(Different) Game starts, can hear the music but it's slow in loading. Once I get to the main menu (minutes later) I'm freeze like crazy. 

Thought it was a setting so I started turning off a bunch of stuff but no luck. Eventually went back to 19.12.1 and that solved my problem.

3700x 

MPG x570 Gaming Plus A.60

Sapphire Pulse Rx 5700 XT 19.12.1

G.skill Ripjaw V  16GB XMP 3200Mhz (as well off XMP at 2133)

0 Likes
carnudo
Journeyman III

I had that problem with borderlands3, it happened to me when I activated the direct adrenaline R.boost, before launching the game. deactivate everything Radeon tech, delete the game profile and start it ... it worked !! once in the game activate the alt + R overlay and from there configure the necessary .... then with PES2020 the same ... main menu stable ...
loading game and crash..I need to delete adrenaline profile too, (I didn't do it before)

0 Likes
rebios
Journeyman III

Is Enhanced Sync enabled? It causes the problem you tell in 19.12.2 Adrenalin Version.

Yep, that was it. After a clean install and turning that off no.more issues.

0 Likes
rawintellect
Miniboss

Yep I can confirm that Enhanced Sync is an issue in launching some games. I ran into this issue earlier with Starcraft II. Disabled Enhanced Sync and all was well.

Still have freezing games. Advanced Sync is off.

0 Likes
lilo33
Adept II

Battlefield 4 , Battlefield 3 , Need for speed 2015 all of these games are stuck at the beginning black screen.

0 Likes
b26354
Adept I

Thanks, I'll try this when I get home.

0 Likes
b26354
Adept I

Yes!, disabled "Enhanced Sync" and the game is working again, thanks!

So enhanced sync is off the table completely?

0 Likes

Looks like it, for the moment. 

0 Likes

Everyone needs to send a report to AMD

AMD Issue Reporting Form 

done, thanks

0 Likes

Done

0 Likes