AnsweredAssumed Answered

3700x(?) crashing computer

Question asked by trat_ on Dec 9, 2019
Latest reply on Dec 10, 2019 by elstaci

Hi guys,

Recently built a new PC (with a fresh install of windows 10 pro) and it keeps crashing while playing games. Even sometimes when I've turned the boost off and am running the power saver mode. Normally I'm either running the Ryzen Balanced or the Balanced.

The PC Specs are:

Ryzen 7 3700x w/ Stock Cooler (Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste)

Gigabyte Aorus x570 Elite wifi

32gb Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz (XMP enabled)

Gigabyte Aorus 5700 XT Gaming OC

Crucial P1 1TB SSD

Cooler Master V 1000W 80+ Plat

I was experiencing crashes before but that was when I installed the Gigabyte Chipset and AMD Chipset at the same time, so I did a fresh install of Windows (pro 64 bit) and just installed the AMD Chipset - and that seemed to fix that issue.

I've noticed that the EDC and SOC Power hits 90%+ when I'm in games and temps are moderately high (idling 45-55 °C and hitting about 75 °C in games). All the settings in Ryzen Master are default and I haven't OC'd or used the PBO option or anything - so not too sure with what's happening. There's always some micro-stuttering and high cpu usage spikes even in desktop. Sometimes when playing the screen will flicker between black and the game screen and I'll have to alt + tab to fix it.

I've done a memtest and that worked fine and if there's any other benchmarks/files I can upload. I'd be happy too.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Jono

Attachments

Outcomes